Friday, January 14, 2011

Date Night

My original plan for this weekend was to go home and spend some time with family and friends. You know, seeing as Monday is a holiday and all.
(No work, no school!)
But I might have just come up with a different idea.
(Different. Not better. Different idea, same greatness.)

Date night.

As in, going out and actually do something.

As in, I'm going to be taking myself on a date.
(On the way to visit family and friends, of course.)

I've done this a few times in the past, but it's definitely been a too long since my last "self date".

How nice it will be to take myself and a book to a local coffee shop, curl up on an old, comfy ripped couch with a tall hot cocoa, and just...relax. I'll keep my headphones in to show that I'm just here for myself. Don't try socializing with me.

Or maybe I'll do something else. Local bands playing live shows. I support local music. I love stuff like that. Jamming to some new tunes while swaying to the beat. With a tall hot cocoa, of course.

I might not be in that mood tonight. What shows are playing at the theater? Just me, the big screen, and a large (buttery, salty, beautiful) bucket of popcorn. Oh yeah.

Date night. "Me" time. All alone, no worries, no stress. I don't have to try to impress anyone or worry about if I'm saying the right things.

I might have to plan these more often.

No comments: