Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gratitude

I've been feeling very grateful today.
But it might just be the extra caffeine keeping my eyes open.
Grateful that I got my refund check for my loan. Extra dinero to make my life easier.
Grateful that I get to visit my mother on a regular basis. I love my mommy. Especially when she brings me my brothers, dog, and a Diet Coke.
Grateful for my very understanding roommates who never say a thing about my mess or the fact that I'm never home.
Grateful for...oh, you know.
Grateful that my darn headlight didn't kill anyone when if flew off my car and bounced down the freeway last night. Grateful that the police didn't come after me for it.
Grateful for Amazon.com and the new knowledge that it's not really going cost me $500 dollars to fix said headlight.
Grateful for my father and his willingness to help me out with said headlight, saving me oodles of dinero.
Grateful for my job and the extra hours I'm getting this week. My boss is awesome. My coworkers are awesome. My job is awesome.
Grateful for the extra hour of sleep I got this morning, even though I missed my class (for the very first time).
Grateful that I actually like school.
Grateful for caffeine.
Grateful for God. So, so grateful.
Grateful that He loves me and keeps watching out for me, even though I'm such the disappointment.
I'm just...grateful. Overwhelmed with it. Awestruck. Amazed.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Oh, I loved this whole, entire piece...until you got to the part about you being a disappointment?

Nuh-uh....I. Don't. Think. So.

God loves you just the way you are. And I believe we are our own worst enemy.

So, STOP THAT. Take out that one negative thought and keep all the rest. You are grateful and you deserve all the blessings!

Jay said...

I am grateful for you. It's great to have someone who actually understands my life. :)