Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts of a Receptionist

"Hi. My internet isn't working. Can you get on the Jericho Road website for me and tell me their tour dates?"
Um...no.

"I know she's on vacation. But I want to talk to her now."
O...kay? What do you suggest I do?

"I'm from BYU and I would really appreciate it if you would actually let me talk to someone up there."
You're from BYU and that means you have power over who does and doesn't answer their phone?

"I don't use the internet. Would you just read me everything on the page?"
Wait. What? How old are you?

"Hi, I'm wondering if I can go look at the condos next to your offices."
Great. How about you go ask them to look at it. Hmm?

"I'm 22. I've been home from my mission for just over a year. I haven't gone to college yet. But I'm going to buy a ring and marry that girlfriend of mine! I am not your typical Utah Mormon!"
Let me stop laughing first.

"Hi. I'm one of the construction guys who is working on the roof. Can I take you on a date?"
*flash the ring* Nope.

"Do you have a bathroom I can use?"
Nope.

"Can I have [insert name of any author here]'s phone number or mailing address please?"
Nope.

"I'm related to John Taylor. And I have a temple recommend. Why won't you let me go up to all the different floors and look around?"
Because...you don't work here. Duh.

"Wait...who did I call again? Oh. Oh. Uh...I got the wrong number."
*click*

"Hello. Don't hang up the phone. We are here to help you raise your business's credit and to get you out of debt."
Yeah...No. I'm hanging up.

1 comment:

collegechick17 said...

LOVE IT!! Totally understand =]