Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Discovery

I recently learned something new about myself.
I love word games. Scrabble, Bananagrams, word search, Hangman, you name it. For some reason I just can’t get enough of them. I’m addicted. This realization caught me completely off-guard. I’d never really thought about it, but I guess I’m a “word person.”
Discovering this little trait shouldn’t really be that big of a deal, but it is to me. I love when I discover something new about me. Even if I knew it all along and suddenly realize it. It’s amazing. That feeling I get when I can say, “Hey, this is who I am. This defines me.” Gotta love it.
I’ve spent so much time asking and wondering who I am; I never really took the time to actually just let it be. I’ll find out who I am by just letting it be. It’ll take time, and that is completely okay. The little realizations can take me by surprise. I can take it one day at a time and every day I’ll learn something new.