Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Events of the Day

Today began rather uneventful. I went with my mom and brothers to a little playgroup. I went to the chiropractor and got a massage. I tagged along to the art supply shop so my younger brother, Christopher, could look at some colored pencils he wanted to buy...
When we got home from the art shop, though, we looked out from our balcony to see police cars, ambulances, and firetrucks all over the street! The building down the street had been evacuated, and a group of people was standing on the sidewalks. We thought, "What in the world is happening!" We had never seen something like this before. After watching for a few minutes, the bomb squad showed up! Apparently a "suspicious package" had been delivered to the IRS building, and they thought it was a bomb. Of course my mom and I were freaking out at that point. Our "neighbors" came over to watch the commotion with us, and so we all sat and looked out the window. Suddenly we heard a loud BOOM! and the building shuddered. The bomb squad had actually blown up the little suspicious package. I still don't know what was in the package, but it was pretty neat to watch all the fuss down there!
Also, I got a job today! =) What a happy thing. During the excitement about the bomb, a lady called from Deseret Book corporate offices and offered me the receptionist position. I so was not expecting to get that job because I interviewed with them over a month ago, and a few days after they told me that the position was given to someone else. But God must love me! Because now I have this amazing job that is just 3 blocks away and I start on Monday. Yay for having a source of income! This is the exact type of job I've been looking for.
All in all, it was a rather exciting day! I'm pretty sure Yesterday is jealous. ;)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! What and exciting day! I saw about that IRS bomb on the news last night. Crazy! Soooo happy that you got a job! And an awesome one too! Yay! When do you start?

Melissa Princess said...

i'm so excited for you!