Thursday, March 18, 2010

Employment and Averageness

Da-da-da-daaaaaa! I finally found a job! I am officially the new corporate receptionist at Deseret Book. Kinda cool, eh? My first day was Monday, and I've been loving it. Everyone has been so nice and helpful. Well, except the guy in the mailroom, who I am pretty sure hates me with passion. I have no idea why. As for my responsibilities, I pretty much just answer the phones and take care of clients and such, but It's been pretty neat. I get to wear pencil skirts (that's the best part - I love pencil skirts) and I am actually thinking about buying some heels.....maybe. We'll see. I once read (online) that heels make your boobs sag, and since I'm sag-a-phobic, I threw out all my lovely high-heeled shoes. But lately I've been seeing some pretty awesome tall shoes, so I might give it another try. I'll just buy new boobs when I hit 40. It's okay.
Lately I have been reading MyLifeIsAverage. This is going to sound so completely silly, but when I first read it I thought, "Man, I wish that kind of stuff happened to me!" I started looking for events that could be considered average. Since then, my days have been so much more positive! I am constantly finding reasons to laugh. The other day I woke up to my little brother, Micah, holding a plastic light saber over my face (this is the same brother who is constantly whistling the Indiana Jones and/or Star Wars theme songs). Also, while describing how he feels about my babysitting, Micah said, "Bonnie is like the geese at Woolsey's Dairy!" (You have to walk a wide circle around the geese, or else they come and attack you.) Nice.
A few weeks ago, I realized that soon my 11-year-old brother, Christopher, will be taller and stronger than me, and therefore able to beat me up when I pick on him. During dinner, I told my mom, "Hopefully by the time Christopher is big enough to beat me up, I'm married and pregnant." He quickly informed me that I'd better always be married and pregnant, or else I'm going to be in big trouble. I found that somewhat funny, but rather scary. I'm sure Christopher is slowly, secretly plotting his revenge for the 11 years I've been the mean big sister.
Last night, my family was talking about booby traps. My young brothers had no idea what a booby trap was, so immediately assumed that we were talking about trapping boobies. After a few seconds of stunned silence, they erupted into huge fits of laughter. Can you imagine what was going through their minds at that point? I don't even want to know! They finally calmed down long enough to have it all explained to them. It wasn't as funny after that.
Anyway, that's about all for now. I'm still looking for the "average" occurrences that bring laughter and smiles =) I definitely challenge you to start looking for them in your own lives. They definitely brighten the day!
That is all.

3 comments:

Melissa Princess said...

this blog post makes me happy.

Melissa Princess said...

also, about the heels... i've read that heels give you better posture, which would in turn counter-act saggy boobs. yay!

Bee said...

But the heels make you focus more on your butt because you're trying to walk differently, which makes you forget about tightening your abs, creating a pooch, which counter-acts the counter-acting of the saggy boobs. Boo!