Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Best Advice

Lately at work I have been all over the place. I "get" to travel to each and every floor at least 3 times a day. It has been a little stressful and busy, but everyone is always so nice and I've loved getting to talk with people more. There is one lady in particular who, every time I see her, says, "Have fun!" Every time. We're talking like five times a day.
Lately I've been pondering on that short phrase. "Have fun." Why in the world would this lady tell me to have fun...all the time?
The answer is obvious.
"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
"Men are that they might have joy."
Not just sometimes. Not every once in a while. Always.
We are supposed to be constantly enjoying ourselves and happy. Why waste time being anything less than perfectly content?

No comments: