Friday, August 6, 2010

Appreciate

Driving to work today.
Heading north. Sitting in the passenger seat.
The sun climbs higher, finally rising above the peaks to shine for the world - and into my eyeballs.
I cringe and turn away at first; it burns my eyes. Within seconds my pupils adjust to the light and I stare in awe.
This is the scenery for my life.
This.
Tall mountain ridges. Sweet rays of sunlight being cast through the valleys and canyons. Puffy storybook clouds floating in a clean blue sky, each with its own silver lining. A slow breeze swaying the leaves and branches of each tree ever so lightly. The scent of fresh, crisp morning air. Journey playing in the background, the wailing vocals only enhancing the perfection.
This is life.
Wonderful, beautiful, perfect life.
Forget about the bad stuff. Forget about the stress. Focus on the on the curve of the hills, the lights in the sky, and the sound of the music. Appreciate it.
Live.

No comments: