Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can I go back to bed yet?

This was totally going to be one of those "I'm grouchy and want to vent vent vent before I go crazy!" posts. I had an entire page written about how much today just sucks. While typing furiously and getting madder and madder, I happened to actually listen to the music I have playing at work. MoTab. Suddenly my perspective changed.
I am so tired because my sleeping patterns have been crazy and I went to bed too late {at least I have a bed to sleep in and a reason to wake up}
Some random caller and The Beatles (my ringtone) rudely woke me up at 2 in the morning {at least I have a phone and, hey, the beatles rock}
When I realized I was going to be late, I threw on the first things I saw and now I'm wearing an itchy cardigan {at least I have decent clothes to wear}
Work is hectic and crazy. I messed up a spreadsheet. It's busy. There are meetings going on that I didn't even know about. {at least I have a job}
The window washers outside dripped water on me when I walked in to work {at least that's not my job, and I get to sit in a cushy air-conditioned room all day}
My wrist hurts and this brace is irritating {at least I have arms}
So I guess things aren't so bad after all, when you put them into perspective and compare your problems to others' trials. I should be completely happy. I will be completely happy.
That is all.

No comments: